This last week was incredibly difficult for me.
If you know anything about me, you know that I have a serious problem with facial hair. It has been a growing problem for the past few years. It has been a struggle for me; however, there is finally a light at the end of this tunnel.
On Wednesday, Curt took me down to Kansas City to have my first treatment of laser hair removal. It was incredibly painful. Imagine getting snapped with a rubber band by someone who is really good at it. It hurts, but then somehow, they manage to hit the same place again. That's how it feels. It welted immediately. It left huge red marks and sores. It doesn't look any better today and it's already been 5 days. This is the hardest thing I have even had to deal with. I hate it.
People have always been judgemental of my problem like it is my choice. But now that I have sores all over my face, they treat me like a leper. If you have never been judged based on what people THINK, I envy you. This is incredibly humbling.
My husband has been absolutely amazing about it, though. He has shown me love unconditionally. I know that I am not entirely the most beautiful these days, but I am proud to say that he has made me feel special and loved.
Thursday I had cheer practice with the Junior High girls. It was fun. We had a parade on Saturday that they were in. They only carried banners, but they had a great time. We have cheer clinic on Wednesday. When we signed up for it, it seemed so far away.
This weekend we are going to spend at the lake with a bunch of Curt's friends. I am looking forward to seeing them!
No comments:
Post a Comment