Life is good

Life is good
Happily Married

Sunday, November 13, 2011

An update


We have had extremely busy lives these last few months. It seems that we are always on the go - without much to show for it.

Charleen Teaching:

My second year at Tarkio High School is exceptional. I absolutely love my jobs. My students constantly challenge and motivate me. I appreciate their hard work and strength. It's amazing the difference a year makes in the relationships in the building. Students already know what to expect from me and they "think" they have me all figured, which makes them behave in a very different way. It's hard to explain, but if you are an educator, you understand.

This year I took on the JH Cheer sponsor position, which has kept me exceptionally busy. Football season wasn't nearly as hectic as basketball season since there weren't as many games. We have so many basketball games that we get in about one practice a week. It shows, too. The girls were doing very well, but without practices, the are beginning to struggle. I can see a direct correlation. We have such an amazing team, I am thankful for these 5 young ladies.


Curtis Programming:

Curtis LOVES his work. He is successful and really understands his projects, which makes his day more enjoyable. I'm grateful for this. He has been there since November of 2009, so it's coming up on 2 years of working with this company. I'm glad that he is happy there. He has gotten several promotions and has worked hard to earn every one. He is a great web programmer.


Missing Family:

We rarely get to see family much living here in NWMO. It's hard sometimes, because honestly, we don't really have many friends here yet. I have lived here for a year, but people are not really as open as I thought they would be. They have their friends and family and don't seem to be all that interested in getting to know anyone new. Curt is very shy, which makes people unsure sometimes. I wish everyone could see how amazing he is!

I love my family and friends

Laser Hair Removal:

I have now had 4 of the 6 treatments and have noticed significant changes in hair growth. I am feeling extremely happy and confident with the progress. I know that people still judge me when they see it, but I also know that it is not who I am. This is a new revelation for me, honestly. I struggled trying to overcompensate for this hideous part of my life, but honestly, I wish I had realized that it really doesn't matter what others think of your appearance - what matters is how you behave.

Family Planning:

Curtis and I are still unsure of what our future holds in this department. We are discussing the possibility of starting a family, but have not decided how quickly we want that to happen. We are both very happy with our life together right now. Bringing a baby into the mix will change the dynamics completely - in so many wonderful ways - we just want to make sure we are ready to move into that next chapter.

Many Upcoming Decisions:

Carol is retiring in December of 2013, which gives Curtis and I a year to decide what we are going to do about the house in Kansas City. It could become a rental property, but we aren't prepared financially for a renter to completely take us to the cleaner and even when someone seems to be a perfect fit, it might not work out. We are open to many possibilities right now, though.

Education:

I am planning to go back to school to get my masters degree. I have been toying with the idea for quite some time, but I think we are finally in a position where I could begin to take classes without too much interference.


Holidays:

We are going to spend Thanksgiving with the Spencer side of the family at the lake. We are very much looking forward to 5 days of relaxing!

We are going to spend Christmas with the McCrea side of the family. We are flying into PA Christmas Eve and leaving the 29th. We will then spend New Year's Eve with the Spencer clan. Busy holidays, but I am VERY much looking forward to seeing my niece Ava.


My Niece:

Ava has gotten so big and I can't believe how much of her life I am missing. I wish I could see her more often. This three times a year thing is for the birds; however, short of moving to PA, this is the way it has to be. I guess she is beginning to talk and get her teeth. She is crawling like a mad-woman, too! Can't wait to see her in 5.5 weeks!!!

We LOVE and MISS family and friends who we don't see as often as we'd like. We are forever grateful for you and for your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment