My husband has some beautiful swimmers, so that is VERY good news.
I have PCOS - Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) -have which basically means that my ovaries do not understand what they are supposed to do.
We learned a lot from the doctor's visit.
What we learned:
- The other doctor did not test me for Factor V gene like she said she did. However, from the test results that Dr. Brabec reviewed, she doesn't think that the blood clotting disorder is the cause for the miscarriages. She said that we will take precautions, but that we do not have as much fear as we initially thought we would have.
- I do have PCOS, which means that my ovaries aren't producing eggs properly. She gave a really good comparison. Most people have 12 eggs getting ready for a marathon, all at the starting line, all wanting to be first and to win. Well, with mine, she said mine are not ready to leave the home base and are just not all that interested in racing at all. It's just too much work and they have better things to do with their time. I have two that are even trying but they aren't trying to win, they just want to get people off there back for a while. Get it? She said that the sexual abuse from when I was a child could be the cause of this. My ovaries didn't develop properly.
- PCOS is extremely treatable! I am going on Metformin to help my body get ready for a baby. It also helps the ovaries figure out what they are supposed to do by kick starting the body. There are many options for us!
- When my cycle starts next, I will call to get the prescription, which start day three. Day 3- I get an ultrasound to check my lining and do some more labs. Day 4-11, I will take the meds and wait. Day 12 (or 18)- another ultrasounds, begin hsg(if necessary) and iui (implantation)... wait eight days- ten days then take a pregnancy test. Positive= done. Negative= try again. Success rate: 15-30% the nice thing about this is there are three different treatment possibilities to try.
- Also I need to know if there are ANY other cases of cancer in anytime in both sides of our family at all. Ovarian, lung, pelvic, brain, prostate, etc. We need to know everyone.
- I have to go to a counselor to talk about this process to make sure I am of sound mind.
I also had to have an HSG test, which showed that one of my Fallopian tubes is blocked. I am beginning to feel pretty discouraged.
No comments:
Post a Comment